Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate on alt.comedy.british.blackadder

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 94 15:13 CDT
Subject: Kate on alt.comedy.british.blackadder
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Cc: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu

This is something that I originally posted in alt.comedy.british.
blackadder. Thought that I should re-post it to gaffa...

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Subject: Re: Hugh Laurie on MTV?

In article <Ri2yCQh.hentai@delphi.com> Hentai <hentai@delphi.com> writes:

> Ok, this question might be a little obscure, but figure someone on this
>group may be able to answer it.  About a year or so ago, Annie Lennox made
>a video for Broken Glass, a song off her Diva album.  Now, the video itself
>was set in what appeared to be aristocratic France in the 1700's.  Everyone
>was in period costume and the plot dealt with Annie Lennox's character's
>chasing of some man I guess she had a relationship with.  Anyway, Hugh
>Laurie enters the picture, because I believe he plays the part of the man
>Lennox attends the ball with and subsequecely drops for her old flame.  I
>am unsure if it was really him, and am hoping if anyone has a definite
>answer.  He isn't on screen much, except to express shock at Lennox's
>inapropriate behavor.  He is dressed in a costume that looks similar to
>his clothes as Prince George in BA III.  I hope someone knows at least knows
>the video I'm babbling about.    I appreciate any help with this trivia-
>question kinda post.  Thanks.

    I wouldn't be the slightest bit suprised. The list of British comics
that Kate Bush has worked with is a bit astonishing.

    Tim McInnery starred (in a serious role) in her video for the song
_This Woman's Work_.

    Lenny Henry sang on her song _Why Should I Love You?_.

    Dawn French and Hugh Laurie were in her video _Experiment IV_,
directed by Peter Richardson.

    Miranda Richardson stars in Kate's new film _The Line, The Cross and
The Curve_.

    She did a duet with Rowan for Comic Relief entitled _Do Bears..._.

    She played the object of desire in the _Comic Strip Presents_
_Les Dogs_. And did the music for another, _GLC_.

    So, I doubt that Annie would feel any compunctions about asking
Hugh to (as the Zappa song says) "Be In My Video." Comic actors are
ideal for music videos. Who better to be able to communicate in a
limited time without dialog? Coupled with recognition factor, and
that comic actors are used to working cheap (an important factor in
music video production. Most videos couldn't pay the Evian bill for
a day with a trademarked "REAL MOVIE STAR.")

   BTW, _Do Bears..._ is a stitch. I'll have to transcribe the lyrics
if no one has already done so.

                          Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                               chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (his)
                                 vickie@njin.rutgers.edu      (hers)

Rick: Vivian! What are you doing humping Neal!!
Vivian: I'm *not* humping Neal, I'm humping Kate Bush and I'm using Neal
        as a condom!     (Paraphrased from a Comic Relief)