Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Just another day in 1977

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 94 01:19 CDT
Subject: Re: Just another day in 1977
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

> I recently picked up a Peter Gabriel bootleg CD: Studio Outakes and Live
> Cuts, and it has an unreleased song with Kate Bush called "Just another
> day in 1977" (or so it says on the booklet) I definitely hadn't heard it
> before. All it says is Live GB (Great Britain, obviously) 1977.
> Any clues or background info.
> John Warren

   The song is "Another Day" written by Roy Harper. The preformance is
from Kate's 1979 Christmas special _Kate_. You can get this wonder on
the the Tape Tree Tape. See earlier posts, or write:

pmanchester@ccmail.sunysb.edu

   for a complete list of the contents of this tape. All it will cost
you is a couple of (good quality, no K-Mart flashing-blue-light-special)
videotape and postage to and fro to get this wonderful song and the
even more wonderful visuals that go along with the song.

   BTW, we have audio of this that is *much much* better than *any*
bootleg. I have a soundfile of this song and plan to make a MPEG
audio file of it. I know that many people don't have MPEG players
yet, but it really *needs* 16 bits and 44khz to do it justice, so
AU and even WAV are right out.

   PS, are bootleggers really *that* dim? They didn't even get the
*year* right!

                          Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                               chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (his)