Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Lionhearts

From: steve.b@TQS.COM (Steve Berlin)
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 94 17:15:01 PDT
Subject: Lionhearts
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

bmiller@zdlmail.ziff.com (Miller, Ben) asks:

>Last night as I sat at Candlestick Park watching the SF Giants flailing in the
>wind, a thought came to during the fourth inning.....

>What if Kate were pitching?

She'd do quite well, because (OK, everyone in unison now!):

She has perfect pitch!

On a completely different note, I went to see "The Lion King" a couple of
nights ago.  This is a must-see for every KateFan(tm), because:

o  One of the major characters is voiced by Rowan Atkinson, with whom Kate did
   the duet "Do Bears..."

o  The music is done by Elton John (of Whom Kate covered "Rocket Man" and
   "Candle in the Wind")

o  The music is also done by Tim Rice, who co-edited the books "British Hit
   Singles" and "Britsh Hit Albums", both which, naturally, mention Kate
   prominently

o  The obvious "Lionheart" connection.

Going WAY off topic now, several people made a big deal about how this is
the first Disney film not to use a public domain plot.  It concerns the
story of how the father of the lead character was king.  The king was killed
by an evil uncle who assumed the throne, and the lead character became all
depressed.  Eventually, the ghost of the father tells the son to seek
revenge.  Now, I'm pretty sure I heard this plot SOMEWHERE before...

- Stev0 the gibbon

"Baldrick, you're so dim-witted you'd laugh at Shakespeare's comedies"
- Blackadder