Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 94 23:23 CDT
Subject: |>oug alert!!! Kate/Throbbing Gristle connection *FOUND*!!
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Cc: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu

Chris here,

    (Note: New readers may be unaware of Love-Hounds Pseudo-Moderator
Emeritus |>oug /\lan's *other* love, the band Throbbing Gristle.)

    The current issue (#4) of _Fringe Ware Review_ features an interview
of Alaura P'Orridge of Throbbing Gristle and Psychic TV by Tiffany Lee Brown.

Tiffany writes, in the intro "Last year, we sat down one evening,
put on a Kate Bush CD, and talked about women in the age of men and
machines."

Other Kate mention: Alaura writes "I've met so many people, ranging from
Kate Bush to Timothy Leary to William Burroughs, and lots of people
in the music industry."

    This is the sort of small-press magazine that you can probably find
at most big bookstores. I found it at Borders in Kansas City, Mo.
(Motto: "It's a nice place to live, but I wouldn't want to visit
there.")

Here's the info:

The issue is themed "Chicks In Psyberspace." Yes, it is *That* kind of
silly/arty mag. You have been warned. But it does get a
"net.cluefullness" rating of 8.7, compared to Wired's 7.3 and Mondo's
-2.6. *DO NOT* get me started on the new Mondo's editoral. I would
have never picked another of that damned rag up if Jane Siberry hadn't
been on the cover...to use her as they did.....arrrrggggghhhh!!!!
(froth) (froth)

Fringeware, Inc.
P.O.Box 49921
Austin, TX 78765