Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: CD single track comments

From: uli@zoodle.RoBIN.de (Ulrich Grepel)
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 1994 10:46:00 +0200
Subject: Re: CD single track comments
To: dlangs@sunstroke.sdsu.edu (Derek Langsford)
Cc: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net

Hi Derek et al,

> It is disappointing to get some already available tracks when there are still
> some that haven't seen the light of CD (Man with the Child in his Eyes single
> version, Dreamtime, MOP instrumental etc).  I like the Video Mix of

> Cloudbusting a lot.  Glad to have it.  Where does that version of The Big Sky
> come from - it's not the LP version?

Wrong: The Man With The Child In His Eyes (single mix) IS availlable on a CD:

tell it thru the song
    1990
    Kate contributes with the 7" version of The Man With The Child In His Eyes
3CD    Teledisc                        ?/F          Tel CD 48
3LP    Teledisc                        ?            Telly 48
3CC    Teledisc                        ?            McTel 48

        tell it thru the song                                 193:55
        CD1:                                                   70:37
          1) Don McLean - Vincent                               4:00
          2) Kate Bush - The Man With The Child In His Eyes     2:50
          3) Lou Reed - Walk On The Wild Side                   4:09
          4) Clannad - Theme From Harry's Game                  2:30
          5) Justin Hayward & John Lodge - Blue Guitar          3:40
          6) Donovan - Catch The Wind                           2:57
          7) Richard Marx - Right Here Waiting For You          4:08
          8) Ralph McTell - Streets of London                   4:26
          9) Racing Cars - They Shoot Horses Don't They         6:21
         10) Bobby Goldsboro - Summer (The First Time)          4:43
         11) Sutherland Brothers - Easy Come Easy Go            3:38
         12) Eric Carmen - All By Myself                        4:57
         13) Roy Harper

                 - When An Old Cricketer Leaves The Crease      7:17
         14) Squeeze - Labelled With Love                       4:38
         15) Donovan - Colours                                  2:46
         16) Stranglers - Golden Brown                          3:31
         17) John Waite - Missing You                           4:04
        CD2:                                                   65:00
          1) Elton John - Candle In The Wind                    3:51
          2) Tim Hardin - If I Were A Carpenter                 2:44
          3) Sandy Denny - Listen, Listen                       3:59
          4) Jim Croce - I'll Have To Say I Love You In a Song  2:33
          5) Gallagher & Lyle - Heart On My Sleeve              3:21
          6) The Beautiful South - Song For Whoever             4:05
          7) J.J. Cale - Magnolia                               3:25
          8) Chris De Burgh - Sailing Away                      4:22
          9) Judie Tzuke - Stay With Me Till Dawn               3:53
         10) Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street                      6:28
         11) Dolly Parton - I Will Always Love You              3:04
         12) Peter Sarstedt - Where Do You Go To My Lovely      5:21
         13) Dan Fogelberg - Longer                             3:17
         14) Russ Ballard - I Don't Believe In Miracles         3:41
         15) Jim Croce - Time In A Bottle                       2:27
         16) Labi Siffre - (Something Inside) So Strong         4:51
         17) The Byrds - Eight Miles High                       3:36
        CD3:                                                   58:18
          1) Dr. Hook - If Not You                              3:16
          2) Tim Rose - Morning Dew                             3:42
          3) John Martyn - May You Never                        3:44
          4) Sandy Denny - Who Knows Where The Time Goes        5:07
          5) J.J. Cale - After Midnight                         2:23
          6) Alan Parsons Project - Old and Wise                4:10
          7) Brian Protheroe - Pinball                          3:10
          8) Bob Geldof - This Is The World Calling             4:42
          9) Stevie Nicks - Rooms On Fire                       4:27
         10) Brenda Russell - Piano In The Dark                 4:24
         11) Paul Anka - You're Having My Baby                  2:36
         12) Elton John - The Greatest Discovery                4:13
         13) Leonard Cohen - Suzanne                            3:50
         14) Richard Thompson - When The Spell Is Broken        4:25
         15) Tim Hardin - How Can We Hang On To A Dream         2:04
         16) The Byrds - Dolphins Smile                         2:03

TBS is the 7" single version.

> BTW after last years tragedy my wife and I have been blessed with a second

> son, Trevyn, born 30 March.

Congratulations!

Ciao,

Uli

--
"Mann, was glaubst'n Du, was das fuer 'ne Rechenleistung is?" - "'n 66'er,
_mindestens_" (2*anon, CeBIT '94, SGI booth, Onyx/PowerChallenge presentation)