Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

TRS producKTs in Hong Kong

From: Tippi Chai <chai@utcc.utoronto.ca>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 1994 13:05:11 -0400
Subject: TRS producKTs in Hong Kong
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

After suffering from gaffa-withdrawal for 3 weeks, I'm finally back from
Hong Kong.  While there, I was perusing a local Chinese newspaper one day
when my eyes were drawn to the words "Kate Bush".  The article was about 5
record stores in Hong Kong, one of which specializing in limited editions
and box sets.  The photo accompanying the article was of 3 TRS shoe boxes -
the official heart-shaped one, the shoe-box shaped one with a T shirt and
a pin, and the other box-shaped one with a teeny pair of red ballet shoes.

So I made a bee-line for the place.  The two fake boxes were HK $500 each
(approx. US $70) and the official one $800 (US $120).  Since I'm not
a collector, I passed up the chance to own one, but Les (here in Toronto)
is now the proud owner of # 395 of the official box!

Both UK and Japanese pressings were available for TRS as well as Tori's
new album and singles, the Japanese pressings being about 40% more expensive.
I also saw Sarah McLachlan and Loreena McKennit discs.  The only thing I
saw with Jane Siberry on it was "Summer in the Yukon".  Alas, no Happy !-)
--
**********"We all breathe the same air" KaTe Bush
Tippi Chai, Toronto, Canada  <chai@gpu.utcc.utoronto.ca || chai@utorgpu.bitnet>