Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Red Light for T-Shirts

From: steve.b@TQS.COM (Steve Berlin)
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 94 13:39:19 PDT
Subject: Red Light for T-Shirts
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Hi -

As of this writing, the T-shirts are on HOLD.  Seems like someone
who's @sonymusic.com is interested in the shirts I was going to make,
and until I find out whether their employer will get really upset
about said shirts, I'm not going to do a thing.  However, this cloud
does have a couple of silver linings:

o  We now know for sure someone at Sony (Kate's American label) is
   listening to us (Hello!  Anyone from EMI out there?)

o  This will make any talk about bootlegs on the Really Deep Thought
   mailing list moot.

I'll keep you posted on these exciting developments.

Of course, just making a shirt that says "Suspended in rec.music.gaffa"
using a photo that someone took at a convention or record signing (HINT,
HINT) would NOT be violating ANY copyrights, so if I can't go with my
original plan (The cover of The Dreaming), I *MAY* go with that.  Like
I said, I'll keep you posted.  (I know I said I wouldn't post any more
about the shirts, but I feel this is important).

- Stev0 the legal

"C-side rendevous (so adorable)" - Queen