Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate in Singer-Songwriters Book

From: <@math.uwaterloo.ca:DUNHAM2@ac.dal.ca>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 1994 06:50:00 -0400
Subject: Re: Kate in Singer-Songwriters Book
To: rec-music-gaffa@math.waterloo.edu

From: dunham2@ac.dal.ca
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Date: 7 Jun 94 07:49:57 -0300

> Laurie Brown, resident arts "reporter" on CBC-TV's Prime Time News, has
> a book out called Success Without College (if you define being a prime
> time bimbo as success). She used to be at Muchmusic and the book contains
       ^^^^^

> Embarrassing fact about Laurie Brown which she probably doesn't admit in the
> book: she was a model and video actress before scoring the big gig at

She does mention the Corey Hart video shoot.

> Muchmusic (a big step from being in videos to introducing them in a
> decorative fashion!), and she is the woman dressed as a cop in Corey Hart's
> video Sunglasses at Night. I bet she put that one on her audition reel for
> Prime Time News!
>
> Cheers, Fiona

I wonder what the 'net response to this would be if the poster was
male. If working as a model is a sinful activity then Kate herself
has sinned. She has done atleast one photo shoot that had nothing to
do with record pr. Since Kate is attractive does that make her a
bimbo musician?

Alan Hurshman
dunham2@ac.dal.ca