Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate Tour in US

From: MopBusters <hyuzt@csv.warwick.ac.uk>
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 1994 18:24:41 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Re: Kate Tour in US
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET (rec.music.gaffa)

	Will E. Silver wrote:

> Hi! I was wondering, is there any truth to the rumor that Kate will come to
> the US for a tour? I had heard that she WOULD come if the record sold enough
> to warrent that sort of thing...

	Don't be silly. Sorry to be so blunt, but that really is silly.
Your best chance of even seeing Kate in the flesh is to go to the Convention.

	She hasn't toured in 15 years and she is never likely to repeat it.
It's a combination of Bill Duffield's ghost and the fact that she is so subtle
an artist that it would be very difficult to find venues of a suitable size
and nature to make a tour a worthwhile proposition (both creatively and
artistically.) She wouldn't be likely to take product endorsement and she
wouldn't be willing to undertake movement of her style in large venues, where
the clever touches would go, for the most part, unnoticed.

	For Kate, I believe, pleasing her fans is very important - unlike some
artists. She would only unertake a tour if she felt that everyone who went to
see her would go home happy and satisfied. If she couldn't find the venues
which met the above criteria, she'd be unwilling to tour. Simple as that.

	Sorry to dispel your hopes, but "Life is sad (and so is love)."

Steve

Steve Thomas - hyuzt@csv.warwick.ac.uk
* Dept. of History, Univ. of Warwick *                  "What ya gonna do-o-o?"
*     Coventry, Warwickshire, UK     *                        (Kate Bush, 1994)
	   W963 RADIO - UNIVERSITY RADIO WARWICK - 963kHz / 312m AM
	"Don't let the mops get you down!" (Mrs Mop's neighbours, 1994)
		    (NOW THAT'S NOT KATE BUSH, IS IT?)