Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Blackbirds and Witches

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 94 07:25 CDT
Subject: Re: Blackbirds and Witches
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

 engjs@wombat.newcastle.edu.au (James Smith) writes:

>	I had my first chance to see TLTCTC on Wednesday night. Did anyone
>else notice that when Kate helped a black bird she woke the witch? Was this
>an intentional reference? Has this already been mentioned?

   Not to my knowledge. Thats a very good one!

   One thing I noticed was that the Diva's eyebrows "met in the middle."
I don't know if it is an actual superstition, or something made up for
the film _The Company Of Wolves_, but I remember Red Riding Hood being
repeatedly told "Never trust a man whos eyebrows meet in the middle."

                          Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                               chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (his)
                                 vickie@njin.rutgers.edu      (hers)