Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate's expression

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 94 20:38 CDT
Subject: Re: Kate's expression
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Karen writes:
>I personally think its because the remix is such a piece of #$%&*^%$!
>She evidently realized at the moment the picture was taken that she
>should never have let EMI do the remix, but should have done it herself,
>ergo her irritated expression.

   Given lead times, Kate was probably asked to do a mix, but begged off
due to the pressure of getting the film ready. According to rumor, the
original idea was to get the folks in "Utah Saints" to do a re-mix.

>In fact, my cat could have done a better remix of TRS.

   Hell, Jon Drukman could have done a better mix.

>The only redeeming thing about it is the continued presense of Kate's
>voice!
>
>Come to think of it, the marinated artichoke hearts in my pantry could
>have done a better remix of TRS.
>
>Well, I guess that pegs my stance on the subject . . .

   One *really* fun mix would be to combine _The Red Shoes_ and Tori's
_Cornflake Girl_.

   It's odd that there is no photographer credit. There is a credit for
"Sleeve Design" but no credit for a photographer. It seems odd, unless
it is a new Bush family company, a la Novercia, Kindlight, etc. John
Carder Bush may not take the absolute best photographs of Kate, but
she is usually most comfortable with him, and most at ease.

   And *what* is that background? For those who haven't seen the film,
it is *not* a scene in the movie, unless it was a scene cut from the
film (possibly from the "running through Hell" segment.) But that seems
unlikely, as the films apparent budget makes it unlikely that any major
scenes were shot and not used.

                          Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                               chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (his)