Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Spanish Kate Bush

From: Roy Sette <kl7@rahul.net>
Date: Mon, 30 May 1994 14:31:38 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: The Spanish Kate Bush
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

You've all heard comparisons of this singer or that with Kate.  They
very aren't too accurate in most cases.  Like Tori vs. Kate, I mean
*really*.  The differences are way more numerous than the similarities.

But now I think I've found Kate's double.  Her name is Ana Torroja and
she possesses the exact same thrilling soprano of Kate's early work.  Ana
is the lead singer of a Spanish group named "Mecano."  Their music
is very well produced.  So if you're adventurous and don't mind Spanish
lyrics, give them a listen.  You won't be disappointed.