Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Who is Betsy Cook ??

From: i23mikja@ida.his.se (Mikael Jakonen)
Date: Tue, 24 May 94 10:37:11 +0200
Subject: Re: Who is Betsy Cook ??
To: love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

kuyper@iplan.co.za (Kuyper Hoffman) writes:

>One of the tracks is produced by Trevor Horn and I'm sure (I had
>meant to check, but forgot) that he was involved with Yes.

You're quite right on that one. Trevor Horn played with Yes on their
earlier albums. I'm not 100% sure, but I think he produced their hit
"Owner of a lonley heart", and kind of introduced an orchestral sample sound
that is frekvent on that track. When he founded/joined Art of Noice he
brought that sound with him to many tracks. Trevor Horn also made "Video
killed the Radio-star" together with another Trevor who's name I have
forgotten.

Mikael Jakonen                                Cool people wear colour-shades
                                     REALLY COOL people wear colour-contacts
i23mikja@gandalf.his.se                                Live Long and Prosper