Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Two Magicians (No, not Penn & Teller)

From: steve.b@TQS.COM (Steve Berlin)
Date: Mon, 23 May 94 12:58:41 PDT
Subject: Two Magicians (No, not Penn & Teller)
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Ola!

A few days ago someone listed some traditional English folk songs, and
wondered if Kate covered any or all of 'em, and someone else answered
they didn't think so.

Well, one of the songs on the list was "The Two Magicians" (quaintly
spelled "Twa'" there).  Steeleye Span does a great version of this song,
but the interesting part is hold up the lyrics to this song next to
the last part of "Get Out Of My House".

For those not familiar with it, "Two Magicians" is about a randy old
male wizard and a chaste young female wizard who the old wizard doesn't
want to be chaste (or chased, for that matter) any more.  She deals with
the problem by turning herself into various animals and other items, and
he counters by turning himself into other animals and nonsuch.  Sound
familiar?  (I forgot who won in the end, I haven't heard the song since
my vinyl days...)

Well, *I* think it's interesting...

- Stev0 the Mighty Morphin Power Ranger

"Could this be the magic at last?" - Barry Manilow