Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Nothing much!

From: csh050@cck.coventry.ac.uk (Stuart Houghton)
Date: 23 May 1994 14:04:44 +0100
Subject: Re: Nothing much!
To: rec-music-gaffa@britain.eu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: csh050@cck.coventry.ac.uk

In article <27314.9405230831@cck.coventry.ac.uk>,
Andy Semple <mty027@cck.coventry.ac.uk> wrote:
>Meredith,is Kate really WANKING the guitar on BSL?
>I assume Wanking means something else in America than it does in the UK.

No, I think Wanking means the same on both sides of the Atlantic, Andy.

I would refer you to the popular opinion that guitar solos (particularly
of the 12 hour long, hideously over-complicated Yngwie Malmsteen variety)
are often referred to as 'Fretboard Masturbation'.

Not that this really applies to Kate's bit of plank-spanking on BSL though.
Of course, now that her axe-appetite as been whetted in this way, Kate may
well turn up for the recording of her next album (circa 210AD, probably)
resplendant in leather pants, Hendrix head band and flying V guitar...

...or maybe not :-)

Incidentally, I was surprised at the lack of comment given to the 'W word'
considering that several Lovehounds were on the verge of tears after Kate
was called a f*x in the FAQ...

--
Stuart Houghton.
Unflinching Agent of the Counter Culture