Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Bolan and Moony

From: mk59200@proffa.cc.tut.fi (Markku Kolkka)
Date: 23 May 1994 14:46:52 GMT
Subject: Re: Bolan and Moony
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

    >> Kate's li'l contribution to the "If there's a rock & roll
    >> heaven, you know they got a helluva band (band! band!)"
    >> subgenre of pop songs.
    > I read recently Stephen King's short story on the same subject
    > (called "Hell Of A Band", of course). A visit to the Rock And
    > Roll Heaven might not be what you expect...

A correction: the full title of the story is: "You know They Got a
Hell of a Band". Before any net.cop starts complaining about Missing
KaTe KontenT, here it is: the story is in an anthology called "Shock
Rock" edited by Jeff Gelb. In the starting pages there's a list of
artists, bands, etc that are credited as a source of inspiration, and
Kate Bush is included. However, I don't think King's story is really
the one inspired by a Kate song, but a story called "Odeed" by David
J. Schow. I don't tell which song I think it's based on, because that
would be a major spoiler if you want to read the story.

--
	Markku Kolkka
	mk59200@cc.tut.fi