Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

torch song

From: std_macmilla@hg.uleth.ca
Date: Sat, 21 May 1994 04:22:35 GMT
Subject: torch song
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@honte.uleth.ca (News System)

Everytime I listen to "You're the One" on TRS I envision this torchy chanteuse
dressed to the teeth walking around a smokey cabaret.  She has had one too
many drinks before taking the microphone.  Everytime she sings the line "your
the only one I want" she points indiscriminately at the nearest man watching her
performance and succeeds in pointing to several different men in the course
of it, she might even sit on someone's lap.  Perhap's too when she sings the
line "I know where I'm going she stumbles, walks out of her spotlight or
towards a wall.  I was thinking if I ever had the guts to do drag I would
camp up this tune.  Has anyone else felt the torchsong quality in the
pull of the Bush?