Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Jon Kelly

From: dbennett@cis.ohio-state.edu (david witaker bennett)
Date: 20 May 1994 02:27:18 -0400
Subject: Re: Jon Kelly
To: rec-music-gaffa@cis.ohio-state.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <199405171747.NAA28713@cctw13.fw.gs.com>
goldes@cctw13.fw.gs.com (Stephen Golden -27100) writes:
>Is this the same Jon Kelly[as Kate's coproducer on
>Never For Ever] , and if so what else has he mixed or produced?

Jon Kelly has also porduced the last 2 Beautiful South albums,
0898 Beautiful South and Miaow(not yet available in the States).
The band has 3 lead vocalist . Their female vocalist,
Briana Corrigan(who left before the recording of Miaow)
has a voice with just enough imperfections to be worth checking out
(I'd say the same about Kate). They also use the interplay between
the male and female vocals to good effect. Personal favorites:
"You keep it all in",  "A Little TimeS(neither produced by Jon)

	-Dave(dabennet@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu)