Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Palladium 16.4.79 and other stuff

From: uli@zoodle.RoBIN.de (Ulrich Grepel)
Date: Tue, 17 May 1994 23:07:00 +0200
Subject: Palladium 16.4.79 and other stuff
To: tsiekn <tsiekn@essex.ac.uk>
Cc: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Hi!

tsiekn says:
>   I've actually got hold of what I believe is an actual tape recording of
> Kate's concert in 1979..There are two cassettes with  photocopied
> covers.The actual front cover has nothing on it but on the spine
> the words "KATE BUSH Palladium 16.4.79" are written..the recording is
> very bad indeed but it is what one would expect of a tape recording..I know
> that the concert was around two and half hours long but the actual video
> tape of it is only one hour long so many songs which were actually played
> in the concert were not in the video ...the version of "Egypt" is very different
> indeed (a speeded up drum beat and a sort of flute all the way through the
> song-very oriental)..also some poetry is recited before the beginning of
> some songs...Does anybody know anything about all this? (might the poetry be
> "Organic Acid" or is that from somewhere else?)..

These tapes (probably) are the same recording as the triple bootleg LP set
'Dreamtime'. This and all other non-Hammersmith bootleg recordings unfortunately
are availlable only in very bad sound quality. The poetry between the songs
isn't the same as Organic Acid which originates from a 5 7" bootleg single CD set
containing (almost) all the home demo recordings that have appeared until now.
Organic Acid is the only one of the home demo recordings that has been 'issued'
only on the original 5 7" bootleg singles. The only connection would be that the
poetry is from John Carder Bush in both cases.

Bye,

Uli

--
"Mann, was glaubst'n Du, was das fuer 'ne Rechenleistung is?" - "'n 66'er,
_mindestens_" (2*anon, CeBIT '94, SGI booth, Onyx/PowerChallenge presentation)