Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Love-Hounds Digest #10.130

From: Andrea@hivnet.ubc.ca
Date: Tue, 17 May 1994 13:35:58 -0800
Subject: Re: Love-Hounds Digest #10.130
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

>From: Mike.Gallaher@msfc.nasa.gov (Mike Gallaher)
>Subject: You Want Alchemy question

(lot's o stuff deleted)

>	So now we have "Alchemy," and again there's some Prince-like
>qualities in the concluding portion of the song.  But we have no credits
>on this track.  Is this one of the rumored "other Prince collaborations?"
>Opinions, anyone?

Oh, sure, I've got one!  :-)

Prince collaborated with Stevie Nicks on one of her albums... (uh, it was
the one with Beauty and the Beast on it.  _Bella Donna_ I think, but I may
have that wrong.  It has been a long time!) and played piano on one or more
tracks yet was never credited on the album for anything.  I read this in an
interview of Stevie Nicks in Rolling Stone Magazine.  I believe she said
that he didn't want credit.  I have not heard YWA (has it become the b-side
of anything yet?) so I have no opinion as to weather or not this is the
case here.  I would like to state, however, for the record, that I *LIKE*
Why Should I Love You and I really can't understand why many others don't.

Flame me personally... no use crowing up the list!  :-)

AndreA