Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Alchemy

From: gtp10@cus.cam.ac.uk (Dr G.T. Parks)
Date: 17 May 1994 10:45:09 GMT
Subject: Re: Alchemy
To: rec-music-gaffa@britain.eu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

gmeij@psy.vu.nl (Gerard Meij) writes:

   A few days ago I bought the CD singles Eat The Music and Moments of
   Pleassure. Both covered a song that was not on the album and as a real
   Kate-fan I just had to have them. I was surprised by the song You want
   Alchemy. I think it is one of Kate's best songs and it is my opinion
   that this song should have been on the album The Red Shoes. It is better
   than Lily of Big Stripey Lie. Don't you agree?

I agree that YWA is a good song. I don't agree that it should have replaced
Lily or BSL on TRS as they are my favourite tracks on the album - closely
followed by the title track and MoP. Now, if you had suggested replacing
Eat The Music or Why Should I Love You or the last (the title of which
eludes me), I would have agreed!

Geoff