Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: You Want Alchemy

From: uli@zoodle.RoBIN.de (Ulrich Grepel)
Date: Sun, 15 May 1994 13:49:00 +0200
Subject: Re: You Want Alchemy
To: Brian J Dillard <dillardb@student.msu.edu>
Cc: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET (kate bush)

Hi!

Brian asked:
> Speaking of, somebody mentioned THREE TRS b-sides not including HfC. I know
> only of "Alchemy" and "SaLD." What's the third. And where is the Moments of
> Pleasure instrumental to be found? Exactly how many different MoP singles, US
> and UK, are there total?

Miscellaneous tracks for The Red Shoes (album):
- Rubberband Girl (extended mix) (UK/European/US RbG CD5)
- Eat The Music (12" version) (US ETM CD5)
- Candle In The Wind (an old track, US ETM CD5)
- Rubberband Girl (edit, a big shorter only) (US RbG CD5 promo)
- Show A Little Devotion (UK MoP CD5, US RbG CD5)
- Home For Christmas (an old track, unavaillable except in ending credits of
  a The Comic Strip Presents... special, US RbG CD5)
- December Will Be Magic Again (an old track, UK MoP CD5, UK MoP box-CD5)
- Experiment IV (an old track, UK MoP CD5, UK MoP box-CD5)
- The Big Sky (single mix) (an old track, first time on CD, UK TRS CD5 #2)
- Running Up That Hill (12" version) (an old track, UK TRS CD5 #2)
- Shoedance (TRS Dance Mix) (UK TRS CD5 #1, European ETM CD5)
- You Want Alchemy (UK TRS CD5 #1, European ETM CD5)
- Cloudbusting (video mix) (an old track, first time on CD, UK TRS CD5 #1)
- This Woman's Work (an old track, UK TRS CD5 #1)
- Eat The Music (extended mix) (ext. mix means it's 11 seconds shorter than
  the standard mix) (European ETM CD5)
- Rubberband Girl (dance remix) (yet unpublished)
- Moments of Pleasure (instrumental version) (UK MoP Cassingle, UK MoP 12")

Only MoP instr. vers. is listed on non-CDs, because it's not availlable on
CD. Some (not all) of the other tracks are availlable on vinyl/cassingle too.

real new b-sides are only Show A Little Devotion and You Want Alchemy. Home
For Christmas should count too, because it was virtually unknown before.
(Same would apply to some of the b-sides to The Sensual World which were
availlable somehow before they got published on the TSW singles.)

> p.s. could somebody privately mail me a copy, if one exists somewhere, with a
> complete kate track listing? i mean, every song/every version? i have no UNIX
> or anything so i can't finger it from somewhere in the internet. but if it
> exists as an email post please forward it to me. ta!

Such a thing doesn't exist right now, but it's in the works as part of my
ever ongoing discography. Older versions (incomplete since a few years old,
and written with another thing in mind) could be found in The Garden, part 2.
Do you still need it?

Bye,

Uli

--
"Mann, was glaubst'n Du, was das fuer 'ne Rechenleistung is?" - "'n 66'er,
_mindestens_" (2*anon, CeBIT '94, SGI booth, Onyx/PowerChallenge presentation)