Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Shoedance dialogue

From: uli@zoodle.RoBIN.de (Ulrich Grepel)
Date: Sun, 15 May 1994 13:29:00 +0200
Subject: Shoedance dialogue
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Hi!

First something else which Marcel asked for:
> Something else which saddens me is the fact that CIS is getting rich with
> the latest slander campaigns of Chris, Jorn and Vickie. I have to recieve
> these messages and even read them , but every 1000 or so characters make CIS
> 20 dollarcents richer and me poorer. So I would like to see this situation
> stopped.

This has nothing to do with Jorn, but have you ever tried to escape CIS? There
should be way cheaper ways for an internet connection than CompuServe. For example
I pay 15 DM / month plus my phone costs (another 20 DM/month) and with that I have
absolutely unlimited access to international news&mail which I read offline after
I got them with uucp batches.

> With all this quarreling I still don't have the answer to previous questions
> like what's being said on the Shoedance remix by those two voices.

That's a scene from the film after Miranda Richardson enters through the mirror
and wants to make Kate draw the line, the cross and the curve. Lindsay Kemp also
says something in there which is a) not understandable and b) (IMHO) not very
relevant (I didn't understand it anyway...). I didn't understand some things,
especially in the beginning when Miranda is quite hectic in trying to explain
how she came there.

M: What am I here? I don't[?] want[?] to be here. I don't understand how this has

   happened.
K: What the hell is going on - look without[?].
M: Oh please! You must help me.
K: What have you done to yourself?
M: There was an accident, a big fire. I looked[?] over[?] me, my hands are all
   burned and blistered. There was so much smoke I couldn't believe it. I could, I
   was trying to find my way out of for years[?]. You must help me! Help me...
K: How can I help you?
M: I can't use my hands. I can't use my hands, I have to get back ... back ...
   home ... There is only one moment left for me to return. And it lies in your
   hands now.
K: Don't worry, you'll get home!
M: You need three pieces of paper.
K: There's some on the piano. Will this do?
M: Yes. You draw a line on the first piece.
K: Like this?
M: Yes ... A cross ...
K: Yes.
M: Good! ... A Curve ...
K: Here.
M: Thank you. Is there somehting I can give you in return? The red shoes perhaps?
K: The pretty red shoes?
M: Take them, they're yours. As a gift. Gimme a cause.

> And why
> the 'Eat the music'"Extended mix" on the new European CDsingle (out now also
> in Holland) is shorter.

You have to ask Kate or Del Palmer about that, I don't know. I'd like to know
too.

Bye,

Uli

--
"Mann, was glaubst'n Du, was das fuer 'ne Rechenleistung is?" - "'n 66'er,
_mindestens_" (2*anon, CeBIT '94, SGI booth, Onyx/PowerChallenge presentation)