Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

                 Convention Quiz
		 ---------------

These are not in the same order and the wording may be significantly
different than PDFM's originals!!

 1) Who directed the 1948 film 'The Red Shoes'?

 2) Name all of Kate's songs with the English word 'love' in the title?

 3) Name the location used for the 'Cloudbusting' video?

 4) Who was 'Teddy' as mentioned "spinning in the chair at Abbey Road"
 in 'Moments of Pleasure'?

 5) Who mixed the recent 'Shoedance' mix of 'The Red Shoes'?

 6) Which of Kate's video did Roy Harper appear in?

 7) Which Go West song did Kate provide backing vocals for?

 8) Which song has the lyric 'You know that I'll be waiting'?

 9) Which song was inspired by 'Cerve Cerve' (forgive any spelling mistake!)

 10) Which song has the lyric 'You and me babe against the world'?

 11) Name the track off Roy Harper's album 'Unknown Soldier' which Kate duetted
 on?

 12) Name the guardian angels mentioned in 'Lily'?

 13) Who played guitar on 'Big Stripey Lie'?

 14) Which of Kate's Video did Albert Einstein appear in?

 15) Who originally recorded 'Lord Of The Reedy River'?

 16) Which Kate song did Hue And Cry cover?

 17) Which Kate track was inspired by a Ken Russell film?

 18) What is the name of a person mentioned in one of Kate's songs who comes
 from Iraq?

 19) Which Kate song mentions 'Bolan and Moony'?

 20) Who was the inspiration for the song 'Heads We're Dancing'?

Well I hope you enjoy them, it goes without saying that FULL answers are
required to ensure full marks!! Be careful on question 11 what you think
is the full answer may not be the full answer!

I reckon looking back on it that my team got 14/15 depending on the strictness
of marking, so we were still miles behind the winners even if we did get 14 or
15.

Regarding my earlier comments of the disorgansation of Love-Hounds, the
loudness of the music made it virtually impossible to communicate,
this didn't happen at the previous convention, hence my comments!

Anyway I would like to thank all the Homeground team and the KBC for a very
good day.

Andy Semple mty027@uk.ac.cov.cck

----
Neil Calton                          UUCP:   ..!mcsun!ukc!rlinf!nbc
Informatics Department,              NSFNET:
nbc%inf.rl.ac.uk@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory,      BITNET: nbc%inf.rl.ac.uk@ukacrl
Chilton, Didcot, Oxon,  OX11 0QX     JANET:     nbc@inf.rl.ac.uk
England                              Tel: +44 235 44 5740  Fax: +44 235 44 5893