Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Yet Another Convention Report

From: Scott Telford <s.telford@ed.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 12 May 1994 09:32:55 GMT
Subject: Re: Yet Another Convention Report
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: UseNet News Admin <cnews@dcs.ed.ac.uk>

In article <GTP10.94May11160029@bootes.cus.cam.ac.uk>,
gtp10@cus.cam.ac.uk (Dr G.T. Parks) writes:

> I thought Lonely Planet were excellent - they were technically very good
> and their interpretations of the KaTe songs they played were interesting.
> However, Rare Flowers were awful IMHO - almost all that accompaniment was
> programmed (and virtually identical to KaTe's original) and the singer went
> horribly out of tune. They might as well have mimed to KaTe's version.

OK, Rare Flowers' accompaniment wasn't entirely "live" and their The
Red Shoes was distinctly wobbly in parts, but IMHO their Wuthering
Heights was much better. Almost comparable to Kate's Secret
Policeman's Third Ball RutH performance, I would say.

> console myself with the thought that the Love-Hounds B Team (Alanna,
> Meredith, Mark and myself) did better than the A Team on the last
> question (name all KaTe's songs with "love" in the title) - we got
> 5 compared to the A Team's 3.

Hah! we (D Team) got 5 too, I think....

--
Scott Telford, Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre,        <s.telford@ed.ac.uk>
University of Edinburgh, Mayfield Rd, Edinburgh, EH9 3JZ, UK. (+44 31 650 5978)