Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: tsiekn <tsiekn@essex.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 12 May 1994 12:18:32 +0000 (GMT)
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Sender: tsiekn@essex.ac.uk

  I've actually got hold of what I believe is an actual tape recording of
Kate's concert in 1979..There are two cassettes with  photocopied
covers.The actual front cover has nothing on it but on the spine
the words "KATE BUSH Palladium 16.4.79" are written..the recording is
very bad indeed but it is what one would expect of a tape recording..I know
that the concert was around two and half hours long but the actual video
tape of it is only one hour long so many songs which were actually played
in the concert were not in the video ...the version of "Egypt" is very different
indeed (a speeded up drum beat and a sort of flute all the way through the
song-very oriental)..also some poetry is recited before the beginning of
some songs...Does anybody know anything about all this? (might the poetry be
"Organic Acid" or is that from somewhere else?)..
 Anyway about the convention I'm not going to write a report on it as I'm
many people will, but I will say that I had a very good time indeed
(actually brilliant) and I still can't get over the fact that Kate was
really there (have never, ever, seen her before)..
 I can't wait for the next one!