Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Film

From: s0pdfm@assam.exnet.com (P D Fitzgerald-Morris)
Date: Wed, 11 May 1994 18:00:49 GMT
Subject: Re: The Film
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <1994May11.115447.16212@unix.brighton.ac.uk> pptjc@vaxk.bton.ac.uk writes:
>Peter Chow from Brighton (UK) writes:
>
>Sorry I didn't see any of you on Sunday. I heard an announcement for a meet
>of RMG bods but was embroiled in trying to grab Dave Cross for a word on
>the subject of food (the lack of). He didn't believe there was a problem,
>as they had told the management to expect 1000+ people and he couldn't
>relax the no re-admission condition. I have to admit that following this
>conversation, I and an accomplice talked a bouncer into letting us
>sneak out to a restaurant! Sorry, Dave - Food is a PRIORITY OVERRIDE
>condition!!! :-)

Sorry Peter, but this is a completely unfair remark. Dave had the
responsibility of running the entire show. He could not simply break
off what he was doing at any one one point either to chat or to deal
immediately with something that had come up. He pursued the food problem
as soon as he could. You should have seen him tear into the Hippodrome
manager when he showed little interest in the problem. The hippodrome
were told to expect 1,000. Apparently they chose only to cater for
400. We'll probably chose only to pay half the bill.

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
H  Peter FitzGerald-Morris       H     H   GGGGGGG     "Have       H
H  direct from                   H     H   G            the walls  H
H  HOMEGROUND TOWERS             HHHHHHH   G    GG      got        H
H  now via                       H     H   G     G      ears       H
H  s0pdfm@exnet.co.uk            H     H   GGGGGGG      here...?"  H
H                                                                  H
H         HOMEGROUND - THE INTERNATIONAL KATE BUSH FANZINE         H
H            PO Box 176 Orpington BR5 3NA Kent England             H
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH