Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: 97 lines?

From: mk59200@proffa.cc.tut.fi (Markku Kolkka)
Date: 11 May 1994 14:49:47 GMT
Subject: Re: 97 lines?
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

    > I've seen this question a couple of times now today and I've
    > always thought that it was a metal casket too but now that I
    > come to think about it some more it occurred to me that you only
    > get shipped back in a metal casket (lead to be exact) if you've
    > been exposed to radiation.

I thought corpses are _always_ put in metal caskets when they are
transported in airplanes.

    > This song appears to relate to the first or second World War
    > type of era

No, it's set in modern times. Remember the lines:
"Mourning in the aerodrome"
and
"Should have been a rock star./But he didn't have the money for a
guitar."
Those place the events to 1950's at the earliest.

--
	Markku Kolkka
	mk59200@cc.tut.fi