Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: KaTeCon & something else

From: ken@zeus.st.3com.com (Ken Descoteaux)
Date: 10 May 94 14:48:08 GMT
Subject: Re: KaTeCon & something else
To: rec-music-gaffa@ames.arc.nasa.gov
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@bridge2.NSD.3Com.COM

In article d5d@Mercury.mcs.com, jorn@MCS.COM (Jorn Barger) writes:
>I have to strongly protest, again, the assumption that *others* are
>allowed to flame me extensively on this topic, after I've laid forth
>an offer to Chris and Vickie of a mutual ceasefire, *which they have
>not responded to*.  When I call this group totalitarian, this sort of
>one-sidedness is exactly what I referred to.
>
>I WILL DROP MY FIGHT FOR JUSTICE, IF OTHERS WILL DROP THEIR ATTACKS.

Ahhh... didn't you start this whole thing up again when the FAQ was posted?
Dropping it means dropping *everything* that's gotten tangled up with
this.  There is also such a thing as a unilateral cease fire.

Influencing public opinion over personal disagreements is difficult if not
impossible.  And why should anyone want to?  Is it for the masses of lurkers
to say "Yes this side is right, No this side is wrong, case closed."  Its
not going to happen and it wouldn't solve anything.  Having public opinion
on one's side doesn't fix broken interpersonal relationships.  And most likely
both sides have contributed to the breakdown somehow.

Love-hounds would be better off if everyone just dropped the whole thing.
Whatever happened doesn't involve us except as unwilling spectators.  We will
not be an unwilling courtroom of public opinion too.