Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

You Want Alchemy

From: Brian J Dillard <dillardb@student.msu.edu>
Date: Thu, 5 May 1994 18:28:29 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: You Want Alchemy
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET (kate bush)

I'm really glad I have a crappy CD player that I bought at Target for $100. I'd
hate to have such an innate knowledge of musical engineering that I noticed
such suble flaws in a track as great as "You Want Alchemy."

Speaking of, somebody mentioned THREE TRS b-sides not including HfC. I know
only of "Alchemy" and "SaLD." What's the third. And where is the Moments of
Pleasure instrumental to be found? Exactly how many different MoP singles, US
and UK, are there total?

I agree with the packaging gripes about TRS 1 and 2. for one thing, the
fold-out double cd holder makes me nervous. when i flipped it all the way open
to get the inside disc, the outside one fell. luckily it landed 2 inches down
and not on my wooden crappy floor. i far prefer the type of double cd holder
that bjork used for venus as a boy . . . . sort of like a book with front and
back covers and a middle page, so if a cd fell it would land inside one of the
'covers.'

thank Our Lady of the Lovehounds that this flamewar seems to be (almost) over.
you almost lost me, a new lovehound, and i know you did lose a LOT of others. .
. . (gee, i must think i look pretty hot).

brian dillard
dillardb@student.mse.edu

p.s. could somebody privately mail me a copy, if one exists somewhere, with a
complete kate track listing? i mean, every song/every version? i have no UNIX
or anything so i can't finger it from somewhere in the internet. but if it
exists as an email post please forward it to me. ta!

and have fun at the Konvention. I lived in london this time last year. how
bitter am i to be stuck in e.lansing now?