Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Another fan of KATE BUSH

From: i23mikja@ida.his.se (Mikael Jakonen)
Date: Wed, 4 May 94 13:10:57 +0200
Subject: Another fan of KATE BUSH
To: love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

csh050@cck.coventry.ac.uk (Stuart Houghton) writes about the "fox" subject:

>Personally, I think it is harmless enough - it isn't as though the author
>(notice how I don't mention who wrote it? :-)

Right on!

>RIDLEY@ZASU.SPRL.UMICH.EDU writes:

>I have these CDs at home. They are by this female singer named Kate Bush (or
>something like that.) Maybe you all have heard of her? I know that not very
>many of my friends have. I thought it would be interesting to talk about her
>for once...

>1. The Hounds of Love.

This is her best album in my opinion. The b-side is fantastic.
Whenever I hear Under Ice I realize that my heart is not completly
made of stone.
I love it when an artist make theme-albums. It gives us something more
than just the music. Back in the "good old days" when I played in Rock- and
Blues-band, we played two covers, and made them part of a thread by writing
a third one to connect them. It was pretty facinating doing it, and see our
fans liking it. KaTe must have enjoyed putting *that* album together, more
than any other album.

Although I am displeaesed by KaTe's performance on The Red Shoes,
I consider Big Stripey Lie among her top ten. I haven't had the opportunity
to see TLTCTC, but I still wonder... I don't think I'm going to like it that
much. The songs on the album has too week connections to eachother IMHO
to make a good video/movie.

Mikael Jakonen            The needs of the Many outweighs the need of the Few,
                          or the One...
i23mikja@gandalf.his.se                                  Live Long and Prosper