Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

R.M.G history month (Was: Chris, Vickie & Jorn)

From: jorn@MCS.COM (Jorn Barger)
Date: 1 May 1994 21:51:59 -0500
Subject: R.M.G history month (Was: Chris, Vickie & Jorn)
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Walter Roberson <roberson@hamer.ibd.nrc.ca> wrote:
>If the parties involved are unwilling or unable to leave their disputes
>out of this forum within a reasonable time, then I would suggest that
>this forum either be disbanded or be moderated. If moderation is
>chosen, then I suggest that the mandate given to the moderator explicity
>allow polite disagreement, but not allow for personal attacks to get
>through.

Heh!  You don't know how ironic this is!

Here's some extracts from the archives for 1992, showing how the
battlelines were drawn, back then.  It's interesting (for me) to
notice how much better Richard Caldwell looks in retrospect than
he did at the time, when I was taking C&V's side.  And I'm not
entirely proud of my hotheadedness in here, either.  If I'm allowed
to make excuses, I was in a desperate fight at work...

Anyway, after a few side-topics, the real flamewar back then started with
Stev0 taking a swipe at Ron Hill...

(I apologise, barely, to people who think this group should be just for
discussions of Kate.  I think it should also be for building a
friendly community, with a community history that we share.  I'd
love to see an index to the archives, and an r.m.g history faq.)

Date:   Tue, 31 Dec 1991 04:53:00 -0800
From:   katefans@chinet.chi.il.us (Chris n Vickie)
>From Jorn's monthly post:
---