Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Chris, Vickie & Jorn

From: Stu Castergine <scasterg@cd.cd.columbus.oh.us>
Date: Sun, 1 May 1994 09:40:48 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Chris, Vickie & Jorn
To: Love-Hounds <love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET>

Obviously, the events as related by Chris & Vickie and as related by Jorn
are, if not mutually exclusive, at the very least representative of
completely different perceptions of the events. One side or the other, or
both, is clearly misrepresenting and possibly even lying about what went on.

I am no longer as sure as I once was who is "at fault", if it is indeed
possible to lay such a claim on a complex interaction like this. The
events are simply hear-say to me and except as I encounter them while
reading love-hounds, are so far outside the concerns of my life that I
have little desire to do the detective work necessary to verify the
various claims. Why should I? -- Nobody died and the events surely aren't
my problem.

What seems obvious is that the differences between Jorn and Chris & Vickie
are not reconcilable on this mailing list. This is not a proper forum to
request judgment on their interpersonal disputes. The problems have gone
beyond what is appropriate for the list. They encompass many personal
matters that have no bearing on Kate Bush and related topics.

One thing I can seem to find that bears upon the list is whether
Jorn is welcome here, since he seems to feel that he is not, that the
list has turned against him.

To that I would definitely say that he is welcome, just as everyone else
is, as long as his posts are, in general, applicable to the list.

I wouldn't want to be totalitarian about that -- everybody posts
off-topic occasionally; it is only when it becomes a trend that it
bothers people. And we've certainly see a trend. It is up to Jorn to
change that.

Aside from that, questions of the FAQ, the tape-tree and other past
flamewars are just that: past. No more good can come of discussing them.
Besides, Jorn has stated at one point that the FAQ is no longer an issue
for him.

As I said to you in private e-mail, Jorn, Chris & Vickie don't rule this
list: I, for one, post whatever I want and have never felt censored. I
welcome you here, but I don't welcome the frequent bickering.

scasterg@cd.columbus.oh.us == Stuart Castergine                   ---
"And maybe I ain't used to maybes smashing in a cold room, cutting |/
my hands up everytime I touch you. Maybe..." -- Tori Amos          |\