Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Obnoxious "fox" line

From: P.R.Houghton@newcastle.ac.uk (P.R. Houghton)
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 1994 20:17:00 GMT
Subject: Re: Obnoxious "fox" line
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <9404291438.AA07327@mhost.ida.his.se>, i23mikja@ida.his.se (Mikael Jakonen) writes:

> I have no personal objection to the use of "fox",
> but I still think it should be removed from the FAQ.
> That sentence IS stating the obvious, at least to the
> majority of the male subscribers. And I don't think
> it match with the context at all...
>
> I vote in favour to those who want that line removed.

'Twas I who suggested it was rather naff quibbling about such an obvious matter,
but having considered the situation, I think that the observation is completely
unnecessary in an FAQ.  I still stand by my point however that Kate's sexulaity
is an essential part of her music.  Whether you appreciate that or not, it is not
a factor that cannot be denied.  It is an ingredient which goes into the recipe.
If you consume the recipe and are unaware of the ingredient that just means that
you can't appreciate it and doesn't stop it from being there.  Personally I can't
see how anyone, male or female could fail to see it as an element of her music.