Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Berkeley TLTCTC last Friday night/Happy and Tori references...

From: larry@hal.com (Larry Hernandez)
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 1994 16:33:53 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Berkeley TLTCTC last Friday night/Happy and Tori references...
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Hi Everyone,

Steve0 the <insert this week's title here> wrote about his Saturday night
appearance at the Kateshow, and wanted to know about IED from Karen.  Well,
I happened to be there Friday night myself, and sat with IED and Karen for
the 10:30 showing.  I actually arrived 10 minutes late for the 7:30 showing,
and watched it alone before joining Andy, Karen, and the ever-faithful Chad.
Chad had to leave after the 7:30 show, but assured us he would return
Saturday (which he certainly did).

I can safely report that IED was KapTivly attentive, and still was able to
leave the theatre under his own power. Now Karen, she needed some help
getting away from the theatre, so I lured her by offering her one of
my Love-Hounds baseball caps :-).   Andy asked me to say HELLO to ALL
Love-Hounds around the world, that he is looking forward to seeing the
other lucky Hounds who attend the upcoming KonvenTion. How I wish I could
go again!

Re other posts:

Vickie!  THANKS SO *MUCH* for posting the Ladyslipper comments on Happy's
albums!!! What excellent, accurate reviews these were!  I was especially
happy to learn that _Rearmament_, my personal fave still, was compared to
Kate's classic _Lionheart_, which is my sentimental favorite Kate album...

For Tori fans: You won't like it, but for the record, a female
Stereo Review reviewer in the new May issue (I think her name is something
like Ahlana Nash?) totally, and I mean totally trashes Tori's _Under the
Pink_ album, ending up by calling it an embarrassment.  Of course Kate's
name is evoked again in the review.  Pardon me if someone in rdt has
already let the Tori fans know about this... Not being the world's biggest
"Torino" myself, I don't really have the inclination to reproduce it.

Larry (larry@hal.com) who wonders if the rumour of Kate's involvement in a
                      new Nick Drake tribute album is really true. What a
                      double-dose of Godliness THAT would be!!!