Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: What does it matter?

From: treefrog@netcom.com (An Earthling...Really!)
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 1994 16:12:42 GMT
Subject: Re: What does it matter?
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

P.R. Houghton (P.R.Houghton@newcastle.ac.uk) wrote:

: In article <CMM-RU.1.4.767523271.vickie@pilot.njin.net>, vickie@pilot.njin.net (WretchAwry) writes:
: > Why say *anything* about Kate's looks in the FAQ? There's no need to
: > say "yes, she's a fox" or "yes, she is beautiful" or anything else.
: > Those with eyes can see. It's as silly as saying "yes, she is a woman"
: > or even "yes, she has two arms and two legs" because it's irrelevant
: > to her *MUSIC*.
: >
: > Vickie
: >
: > ps, "zaftig"? geez
: >
: It may be for you, but for most male Kate fans, I shouldn't think it is.  Kate's
: music relies very heavily on her sexuality, as does our appreciation of it.
: Divorcing Kate from her physical and spiritual attractiveness is like saying the
: fact that Michaelangelo's David is naked has nothing to do with its quality.  It
: is completely impossible.

Somehow, I think the "yes, she's a fox" line is more akin to to saying of
Michaelangelo's David "yes, he's really well hung." While both of the
observations may be "accurate" in a sense to a certain segment, it's
probably not the most appropriate or respectful way to approach the subject.
I'm a male member of Kate's audience, and I *do* indeed think she's great
looking, but honestly, that has VERY LITTLE to do with why I listen to
her music -- very little to do with why I think she's an artist worthy of
note.

Shutting up now.
peace
Edward
--
treefrog@netcom.COM
"Denny, you got any hash joints left? I know you do." -B. Wilson