Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Obnoxious "fox" line

From: czar@mercury.csus.edu (Paul Dimitre)
Date: 28 Apr 1994 08:29:13 GMT
Subject: Re: Obnoxious "fox" line
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Albert Steg (Winsor School) (asteg@k12.ucs.umass.edu) wrote:

: {Text Deleted}
: At any rate, I'd like to second the comment that the "Yes, she is a
: fox" line in the FAQ is objectionable.  Sexist, probably; juvenile
: certainly.  It's the kind of thing that will alienate a lot of people.
: And does it really tell us anything useful?  Why keep it?
: {Text Deleted}

I've been lurking on this newsgroup for about a year, and this is my
first post. (I tried posting a few months ago, but I don't think
it made it)
Anyways, I find it hard to believe that anyone would find the  use of the
word "fox" objectionable. I would think that it is apparent to
most lovehounds that the woman is beautiful, so adding that in the FAQ
should be acceptable. Perhaps "Yes she is beautiful" would cause less of
an outcry?