Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: info...

From: jeffy@syrinx.umd.edu (Jeffrey C. Burka)
Date: 26 Apr 1994 02:28:42 GMT
Subject: Re: info...
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <9404251117.AA15180@mhost.ida.his.se> i23mikja@ida.his.se (Mikael Jakonen) writes:

>About Under Ice, Waking the Whitch, and Jig of Life:
>jeffy@syrinx.umd.edu (Jeffrey C. Burka) posted a great letter.
>
>Thank you! Leaves no question about it, does it?

Well, it leaves *one* question.  Somebody wanted to know the lyrics chanted
by Jay at the end of "Jig of Life".

This is from memory, so it may contain a slight error or two; please
forgive me if this happens.

"Can't you see where memories are kept bright
Tripping on the water like a laughing girl
Time in her eyes is spawning past light
One when the woman and the ocean unfurled
Holding all the love the waits for you here

Catch us now for I am your future
A kiss on the wind and we'll make the land
Come over here to where When lingers
Waiting in the empty world
Waiting for Then when the life spray cools
For Now does ride in the with the curl of a wave
And you will dance with me in the sunlit pools

We are the going water and the gone
We are of water and the holy land of water
And all that's to come runs in
With the thrust on the sand."

This was written by John Carder Bush

(and it's a hell of a lot better than the business he does in "Organic
Acid")

Jeff
(who doesn't particularly care what KaTe (or Jorn) thinks of him because he
enjoys listening to the Cathy demos)

--
|Jeffrey C. Burka     | "Everything is still with a fear of never coming out |
|Suffering Bad Grammar|  Never following through / Never ever finishing      |