Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate: The Motion Picture

From: steve.b@TQS.COM (Steve Berlin)
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 94 17:56:33 PDT
Subject: Kate: The Motion Picture
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

I got to see The Line, The Cross, & The Curve (Note the ampersand:  Whoever
"corrected" me before was wrong - it definately has an "and" in it!) again.
Upon second viewing, some impressions:

o  Boy, is the plot dumb.  Real dumb.
o  Why 50 minutes?  It has a better chance of being booked if its a full-
   length film (ie, at least 85 minutes).  Another half hour could have
   added 3 or 4 more songs AND allow it to have a real plot.
o  For you folks (and you know who you are) whose favorite shot of Kate
   is the infamous "leotard" shot - you can clearly see Kate's nipples
   in the "Rubberband Girl" number.  Watch for it.
o  Best number (in terms of fitting with what story there was, and
   excecution):  The Red Shoes.
o  Everyone except Kate (especially Miranda Richardson) looks like they're
   have a LOT of fun.
o  My favorite song on TRS is "Moments of Pleasure", but the "video" in
   TLTC&TC is, well, rather lame.  I don't know about you folks, but I
   am SICK of "Spinning" imagery.  It's a shame, really, EXCEPT for Kate's
   appearance in it, it is actually a beautiful video.
o  Yeah, I definately *LIKE* "Eat the Music" now.
o  The only other Lovehound I spotted (Saturday 7:30 show):  The ever-faithful
   Chad.  (Karen:  What was IED's impression?  Did you have to pull him
   away from the screen?)
o  Did I mention Kate's nipples?
o  ObTori:  Before the film, there was a hilarious "No Smoking in Auditorium"
   bit done by John Waters (completely un-related to TLTC&TC, I guess it's
   a UC Berkeley Theatre thingie).  Anyway, he and Tori were on the Letterman
   show the same night - they MUST have talked to each other while waiting
   in The Green Room.  I don't know about you, but I would have LOVED to have
   been a fly on the wall for THAT conversation!

- Stev0 the Divine

And now, in memory of Richard Nixon, we'll have 18 1/2 minutes of silence.