Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: KDVS KaTe Special

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 94 15:36 CDT
Subject: Re: KDVS KaTe Special
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

>           KDVS 90.3 FM in Davis/Sacramento will be airing a
>    KaTe Bush Special on Saturday May 14th. Time to be announced.
>    It will feature rarities, including non-album tracks and variant
>    remixes...as well as a hilarious self-parody by KaTe called
>    "England, My Leotard"!

   It would be loads of fun for Kate to do a self-parody like this,
but she didn't. I believe the track in question is actually by Faith
Brown. Kate was on a talk show in the _Lionheart_ era, and the host
played Faith's parody of _Wow_ (she swung her arms around like Kate,
eventually winding up with arms 10' long.) The camera came back to Kate
saying "Amazing" in a rather droll voice. Faith also did _Wuthering
Heights_, tromping through the moors in army boots.

   The closest Kate has come to self-parody is the "woo-woooo-umm-humm"
at the end of "Do bears...?" with Rowan Atkinson.

                          Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                               chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (his)
                                 vickie@njin.rutgers.edu      (hers)