Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: KDVS KaTe Special

From: gtp10@cus.cam.ac.uk (Dr G.T. Parks)
Date: 24 Apr 1994 10:19:46 GMT
Subject: Re: KDVS KaTe Special
To: rec-music-gaffa@britain.eu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

As Chris stated "England, My Leotard" is not a Kate *self*-parody.
However, it was not done by Faith Brown either. The track in question
was done by Pamela Stephenson on the legendary BBC comedy show "Not
The Nine O'Clock News". It appears on one of the highlight albums the
BBC subsequently released.

Faith Brown did indeed include a Kate impersonation in her act for a
while, but she didn't do "England, My Leotard".

If you like, I'll play you "England, My Leotard" when you and Vickie
visit in May - I have it on tape somewhere...

Geoff Parks