Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate and guitar

From: Dan Riley <dsr@lns598.lns.cornell.edu>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 94 15:50:22 -0400
Subject: Re: Kate and guitar
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET

[ this bounced on first the try -- apparently one machine at uunet
  couldn't deliver it to another, giving up after three days! ]

Uli wrote, re: HfXmas:
Uli> It's a nice piece! (And the first Katesong that features an
Uli> acoustic guitar that prominently)

In article <940418190528_555063.0_FHI72-1@CompuServe.COM>,
MJM@ZYLAB.MHS.CompuServe.COM (Mike Mendelson) writes:
Mike> Two words: Army Dreamers.

Well, sortof.  The acoustic guitar in Army Dreamers basically goes
"chunk chunk" in the background--not what I (speaking as a properly
egocentric guitarist) would call prominent.  The solo plucked string
instrument in AD is mandolin.

The Morning Fog, on the other hand, is a fair cop.

--
-Dan Riley                          Internet: dsr@lns598.tn.cornell.edu
-Wilson Lab, Cornell University     HEPNET/SPAN: lns598::dsr (44630::dsr)