Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate and guitar

From: uli@zoodle.RoBIN.de (Ulrich Grepel)
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 1994 16:43:00 +0200
Subject: Re: Kate and guitar
To: Mike Mendelson <MJM@zylab.mhs.compuserve.com>
Cc: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET, chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu

Hi!

Chris wrote:
>    ...except of course for the wonderful acoustic guitar played by John
> Williams (no relation) on _The Morning Fog_.

instruments used in Army Dreamers:

bodhran, mandolin, electric guitar, Fairlight, (male) backing vocals
acoustic guitar, bass acoustig guitar

instruments used in The Morning Fog:

bass, violins, fujare, synthesiser
(acoustic) guitar

instruments used in Home for Christmas (picked out by ear):

synthesizer (for about 20 seconds)
acoustic guitar (the only instrument during 80% of the song)

See what I mean?

I didn't want to point out that this was the only song that makes (heavy) use
of acoustic guitar - but in Home for Christmas it's more or less the only
instrument used, and except for instrumental pieces you can't get a more prominent
guitar...

Bye,

Uli

--
"Mann, was glaubst'n Du, was das fuer 'ne Rechenleistung is?" - "'n 66'er,
_mindestens_" (2*anon, CeBIT '94, SGI booth, Onyx/PowerChallenge presentation)