Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

7" Cathy Demos

From: asteg@k12.ucs.umass.edu (Albert Steg (Winsor School))
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 1994 01:20:30 GMT
Subject: 7" Cathy Demos
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@k12.ucs.umass.edu (USENET News System)

     A few years ago I picked up ("scooped up" would be more like
it) two 7" color vinyl pressings of the Cathy Demos that have been
so repetitively bootlegged of late.  These are nicely produced discs.
They feature some of those childhood photographs from the "Cathy"
book, and are "numbered" on the sleeve as a run of 600.  I have
the third and fifth volumes, the latter of which includes a track
called "Organic Acid," which I notice is not included on the bootleg
CD's that carry the other demo tracks.  My questions:

     1) Does anyone know where I might get the other volumes?

     2) What are these 7" Cathy Demos going for these days?

     3) Why isn't "Organic Acid" included in the bootleg CD's that
        I've seen?  It's certainly, uh, ...different.

By the way, I'm fairly new to the Net, and so to this bulletin board.
My first posting, in fact.  Hope I don't botch it.
                                          Thanks

                                              -Albert S.