Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Cookie Monster (fwd)

From: agough@sedona.intel.com (Andy Gough)
Date: 14 Apr 1994 00:03:17 GMT
Subject: Re: Cookie Monster (fwd)
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <m0ppkfD-000ikxC@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu>, chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams) writes:
> In article <Pine.3.89.9404082129.E17598-0100000@indial1.io.com> you write:
> >Forwarded from somone else....
> ><headers deleted..>
> >
> >  My daughter & I had just finished a salad at Neiman-Marcus Cafe
> >in Dallas & decided to have a small dessert.  Because our family
> >are such cookie lovers, we decided to try the "Neiman-Marcus
> >Cookie". It was so excellent that I asked if they would give me
>
> [deleted]
> >
> >Have fun!!!  This is not a joke --- this is a true story..
>
>    This is called an "urban legend." For more of them read the newsgroup
> "alt.folklore.urban."
>                           Chris Williams of

I would like to add a little more information about this.

It is definately _not_true_.  This urban legend/myth pops up from time to
time, often with the "Cookie Company" changed (I've seen a version, for
example, that uses Mrs. Fields Cookies).  I even saw a version in Ann Landers
(or Dear Abby) where the "story" was related, and the response was to the
effect of "This is not true.  Don't you have anything better to do that waste
everyone's time with these false stories?"

Regards,
Andy
--
Disclaimer:
     All views expressed are my own opinions, and not necessarily