Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Extended tww

From: uli@zoodle.RoBIN.de (Ulrich Grepel)
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 1994 09:27:00 +0200
Subject: Re: Extended tww
To: madman on the water <meullemees@cal.enst.fr>
Cc: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

madman on the water asks:
| I've bought recently two cds nammed TWW EXTENDED EDITION I & II.
| There are many songs I didn't know on the first one,and i'd like to find the
| lyrics somewhere.Can someone tell me if there a ftp-site where i could find
| them?

both, ftp.uu.net (/usenet/rec.music.gaffa/kb/lyrics) and ftp.uwp.edu
(/pub/music/b/bush.kate or something like that) should have all of them.

> I would also like to know if those cdsare bootlegs or not I've ead something

> about this in one of the last report but I remain doubtfull since they look
> like 'officially released' cds.

They are bootleg CDs, since they don't look like officially released CDs at all.
For example there is no record label given. For example the pictures in the
booklet aren't very nicely done. For example GEMA is a German thing found on
quite a lot of bootlegs as well as on all official German releases (but then
never without a record label). For example the booklets are too thin for
non-American Kate Bush CDs.

On the other hand the two CDs are basically what makes the official boxed set
This Woman's Work interesting, since that 8CD box contains Kates first six
studio albums plus two CDs that look similar to these two bootlegs and contain
everything except Rocket Man, Rubberband Girl (ext. mix) and Candle In The Wind
(all of them are newer than the boxed set). So these bootleg CDs are

a) the most interesting to date for the casual fans with limited funds (ie those
   that cannot afford the complete boxed set)
b) the most directly-money-stealing ones since they will make lots of people into
   not-buyers of the expensive official boxed set
c) the quality-wise best Kate bootleg CDs (no difference to the official CDs can
   be found by just listening to them, probably a digital copy)
d) the most to-be-expected bootleg CDs
e) the cheapest way to get most of Kate's b-sides.

If you consider buying these CDs remember that in this case more than in any other
Kate-related case you steal money from EMI and/or Kate. Nevertheless  I bought
them since I already own 2 of the official boxed sets (UK and Japanese) and always
thought that I don't need the Canadian or French versions anyway.

To get the same stuff officially you'd need to buy the boxed set plus two maxi
CDs (Rocket Man and Rubberband Girl).

Bye,

Uli

--
"Mann, was glaubst'n Du, was das fuer 'ne Rechenleistung is?" - "'n 66'er,
_mindestens_" (2*anon, CeBIT '94, SGI booth, Onyx/PowerChallenge presentation)