Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: beginner's question

From: dfleenor@nettech.com (super dave?)
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 1994 10:18:04 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: beginner's question
To: MJONES@ACAD.ALBION.EDU (Matthew Reade Jones)
Cc: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

> i'm kinda a new kate bush fan and all.  would people please
> 	suggest some of her best albums that i might give a
> 	listen to?  please reply to me personally, as not to
> 	clog the list with redundant information.  i really enjoy
> 	the greatest hits.  i liked some of the sensual world, but
> 	was strapped for cash and departed with it at a used cd
> 	store.  the red shoes is growing on me as well.  i heard
> 	that the hounds of love is a good starter--is this true?

Kate's first 5 albums are her best. I would start with the first one, "The
Kick Inside". This way you can see how her music has changed over the years.
I like her older stuff a lot more than The Sensual World or The Red Shoes. Be
forewarned, though, the old Kate sounds very different than the new Kate, so
if you really like The Red Shoes, you might not like The Kick Inside or
Lionheart. In my opinion her best album is Never For Ever. I don't know if
Hounds Of Love is a good starter, btu it's an excellent piece of work.