Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

mail from the Kate Bush Club

From: uli@zoodle.RoBIN.de (Ulrich Grepel)
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 1994 09:34:00 +0100
Subject: mail from the Kate Bush Club
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Hi!

Yesterday I got a letter from the KBC (SAE 3), containing two important sheets
of paper:

---------------------

                             KBC/HOMEGROUND

                     C O N V E N T I O N   1 9 9 4

                        Including a screening of

                  'THE LINE, THE CROSS AND THE CURVE'

                           Sunday 8th May 1994
                             The Hippodrome
                            Leicester Square
                                 London
                                   WC2

                           1.00 pm - midnight

We are pleased to announce the details of the 1994 KBC/Homeground Kate Bush
convention. Following the 1990 convention in Hammersmith, we hope that this will be
the biggest and best event to date. Apart from showing Kate's film, 'The Line, The
Cross & The Curve' the day will feature loads of rare video, including a new
interview (filmed in Canada) in which Kate talks at length about the film and the
album. There will also be a mastermind quiz that everyone can take part in, live
music from fans and brand new merchandise that will be available for the first time
at the convention. The convention will end with the largest Kate inspired
party/disco ever held. Everything you need to know about the day will be included
with your tickets.

Tickets are <pounds>8.00 each. To get yours please fill in the form below and
return with a large S.A.E. or IRC to the usual Homeground address (PO Box 176,
Orpington, Kent, BR5 3NA) Please make all cheques etc. payable to The Kate Bush
Club. Please try and make all payments in Stirling Pounds.

                    'IT'S REALLY HAPPENING TO YA!'

-------------------------------
PLEASE SEND ME ______ TICKETS @ <pounds>8.00.

NAME     ...........................................
ADDRESS  ...............................................................
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN PERFORMING AT THE CONVENTION, PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR
TELEPHONE NO AND SOME DETAILS OF WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO DO.

As part of the convention we are putting together a definite top 50 chart of Kate
tracks. To do this we need you to send us your top 109 tracks (listed 1 to 10)
with your ticket application.

     K   A   T   E       B   U   S   H
     PO Box 120. Welling Kent DA16 3DS     C   L   U   B

The new British single THE RED SHOES will be released on 5th April. Together with a
new track YOU WANT ALCHEMY it will be available on 7" vinyl, cassette and CD. The
CD will also contain 2 other tracks - the video mix of CLOUDBUSTING and the single
mix of THIS WOMAN'S WORK. The following week another CD will be released. The main
track will be SHOEDANCE, an extended dance mix. The other 2 tracks on this will be
THE BIG SKY single mix and RUNNING UP THAT HILL 12" version. The single in Europe
and Australasia will be EAT THE MUSIC which should also be released on 5th April.
Canada has already released AND SO IS LOVE.

At the time of sending this we do not have full details of video airplay but we do
know that The Red Shoes single video will be shown on ITV's Chart Show on 2nd April
and hopefully on quite a lot of other regional programmes so watch out. We will not
be doing a mail out with these details as we rarely know far enough in advance.

The other exciting news is that Kate is on the Larry Adler/Gershwin album
celebrating Larry Adler's 80th Birthday. Kate has already recorded the track THE
MAN I LOVE and although there is no definite release date yet, we understand it
should be available within the next few months. We have had many enquiries about
when "The Line, The Cross & The Curve["] will be released on video - there is no
projected relesae date yet but the film has been seen at a number of film festivals
apart from London, including Dublin, Tromso[e] iun Norway and Berkeley in
California. It will be shown at the Belgian film festival on 23rd March but
unfortunately this leaflet will not arrive in time for that.

Isn't that great news?

Bye,

Uli

--
Ossi zum Wessi: Wir sind ein Volk! - Wessi zum Ossi: Wir auch!