Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

diffs to FAQ

From: uli@zoodle.RoBIN.de (Ulrich Grepel)
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 1994 09:45:00 +0100
Subject: diffs to FAQ
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Here are the changes in the latest FAQ. Anyone wanting a full FAQ can mail me
and will get one.

- convention date now fixed, see separate mail about KBC letter
- new singles, see separate mail about KBC letter

I added two more mailing lists to the list-of-mailing-lists-of-interest-to-katefans

2.3. Other mailing lists that might be of interest

     Loreena McKennitt - Old Ways

        subscribe: old-ways-request@tomservo.b23b.ingr.com

        post:      old-ways@tomservo.b23b.ingr.com

     Jane Siberry - Siblings

        subscribe: majordomo@underground.irhe.upenn.edu
                   no subject, just the text

                       subscribe siblings

                   no name, email address or anything else

        post:      siblings@underground.irhe.upenn.edu

Since I found that tape I could add another description of an official video
tape with unique Kate on it:

4.2. Basic Discography/Videography

     Earthrise (1992):
        This video tape contains version 2 of Don't Give Up (that's the one
        with the superimposed pictures of Peter & Kate, not the 'hug' version
        with the solar eclipse) and, more important, the video for Spirit
        Of The Forest where Kate appears & sings for about 5 seconds.
        Tracks: U2 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Dire Straits -
        Walk Of Life, R.E.M. - It's The End Of The World As We Know It (And I
        Feel Fine), Seal - Crazy, Peter Gabriel [& Kate Bush] - Don't Give Up
        [version 2], Paul McCartney - How Many People, Julian Lennon -
        Saltwater, Artists United For Nature [Ian Anderson, Joe Cocker, Carol
        Decker, Harold Faltermeyer, Herbie Hancock, Tommy Johnson, Chaka Khan,
        Stevie Lange, Brian May, Michael McDonald, Richard Page, Maggie Reilly,
        Jennifer Rush, Sandra, Chris Thompson, Stefan Zaunder] - Yes We Can,
        Eurythmics - Here Comes The Rain Again, Sting - Fragile, Spirit Of The
        Forest [Chris Rea, Debbie Harry, XTC, Fish, Joni Mitchell, Ringo Starr,
        Belinda Carlisle, Olivia Newton-John, Mr Mister, Bonnie Raitt, Kate
        Bush, David Gilmour, Brian Wilson, Little Steven, Jon Anderson, Escape
        Club, Sam Brown, Iggy Pop, Donna Summer, Kim Wilde, Thomas Dolby,
        Louise Goffin, Richie Havens, B52's, Big Country, David Clayton-Thomas,
        Afrika Bambaata, Plasmatics, Lenny Kravitz, Johnny Warman, It Bites,
        Michael de Barre, Bruce Foxton, The Ramones, Rita Coolidge, Was (Not
        Was), Taylor Dayne, Lucy J Dalton, Brother Beyond, Fleetwood Mac, LL
        Cool J, Marc Jordan, Shikisha, Amy Sky, Lisa Bonet, Raging Hormones,
        Dolette McDonald, Jungle Brothers, Andy Fairweather-Lowe, Gilberto Gil,
        Sandra de Sa, Ivan Lins, Renato Russo, Gal Costa, Ney Matogrosso,
        Marisa Monte, Rita Lee, Djavan] - Spirit Of The Forest, Pink Floyd -
        Learning To Fly, Elton John - I'm Still Standing, Queen - Is This The
        World We Created?, Genesis - The Brazilian (end credits [= no video]),
        Earthrise - Keeping The Forest Alive

I also added something about The Garden in the "underground" video section:

     There are also far more than a hundred "underground" videos, which
     are traded among fans and are shown at Katemas parties and the like.
     These are primarily television performances and interviews. The Garden
     contains (in GARDEN02) a quite comprehensive list of these, though newer
     appearances and discoveries are missing.

In the section about work with other artists I added the part in parenthesises:

       There are remixes of Games Without Frontiers. Don't Give Up exists in
       various lengths, the biggest (if not only) differences are in the intro
       and extro.

As well as the name of the group performing The Spirit Of The Forest. I also
corrected typos in the Ferry Aid entry and Alan Stivell's name:

     - The Spirit Of The Forest
       - The Spirit Of The Forest. From "earthrise"
     - Ferry Aid
       - Let It Be
     - Alan Stivell
       - Kimiad. From "Again"

I also added a blurb about The Magician Of Lublin in the
officially-published-but-non-album tracks section:

     - The Magician Of Lublin
       - The Magician. Only availlable within the film together with voice
         over in either English or German (or ...?).

And in the same section I corrected the blurbs about the various Moments of
Pleasure singles:

     - Moments of Pleasure (UK normal/special single, cassingle, 12" maxi,
       Dutch CD single)
       - Show A Little Devotion
       - Moments of Pleasure (instrumental) (cassingle)
       - Home for Christmas (12", Dutch CD single)

The price of the following book was incorrect previously:

     Moving -- A collection of poems (1993, issued on March 16)
        (Japanese title: KEITO BUSSHU SISHUU  MOVING)
        Shinko Music Publishing / ISBN4-401-61329-5 / 2,400 yen
        This Japanese book is in A5 size, has 256 pages, lyrics of 79 of Kate's
        songs with English original and Japanese translation, a discography
        up to the TWW box and a few photos (only the cover pic feat. Kate).
        It's said to be based on Kate Bush Complete. (thanks to Yamamoto Sozo)

I fixed a typo in the music-questions section:

     Ken
     The Confrontation
     One Last Look Around The House Before We Go
        These three pieces appeared in the soundtrack to the half hour

Finally I added another picture display program:

       To view these GIFs you will need a program for your type of computer.
       Public domain picture file viewers include CSHOW and PICEM for the IBM,
       TURBOGIF and HAMGIF for the Amiga, Giffer or QuickGif for the
       Macintosh, XView for X-Windows, and ImageViewer for the NeXT.

That's it!

Uli

--
Ossi zum Wessi: Wir sind ein Volk! - Wessi zum Ossi: Wir auch!