Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Adam Curry (fwd)

From: Marcel Rijs <100276.2176@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 25 Feb 94 15:20:17 EST
Subject: Re: Adam Curry (fwd)
To: <love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET>

Hi,

The following is crossposted from really-deep-thoughts, the Tori
Amos mailing list. The messages cited were a result of a message
from Adam Curry's cybersleaze column somewhere on the Internet,
where he accused Tori of being a "primadonna" because she wanted to
play a clean piano.
The following message has some Kate relevance, so here it is.

Death <jbt7s@watt.seas.virginia.edu> writes:

> According to Thor Iverson:
> >
> > > One thing to remember, This is a Gossip list, so you should
> > > take [Adam Curry's] report with a grain of salt.
> >
> > Another thing to remember--this is Adam Curry, whose intellect
> > is surpassed in its utter vacuity only by Tabith Soren.

> This may not be a good place to bring this up, but I get sick and
> tired of people tearing up VJs for being lame.  I mean, think
> about what they have to do.  They have to like EVERYTHING, they
> have to know about ALL of the music-related stuff...and so on.

That in itself is true...

> I don't think Adam was really saying anything anyway.  He just
> reported what he heard;  he even says it's just gossip.  I'm glad
> to get whatever information I can.
> As for Adam's actual intellect, I dunno, but he's sure running a
> Web/FTP site very well, and can use the net, Unix, and lots of
> other neat stuff.

..._but_ Adam Curry is also the man who started his "career" some
10 years ago as John Holden on an Amsterdam illegal radiostation,
and a few years later, in 1985, interviewed Kate Bush in England
for Dutch television. The moron wasn't even prepared: he 'forgot'
that Kate had made not 3 but 4 albums before Hounds of Love, and
assumed she had only one brother, which is quite stupid.
I mean, when interviewing someone, you have to prepare yourself,
right?
He left for the USA after that, and I hoped to have seen the last
of his dumb assumptions, but now this piece on Tori, well, it just
fills me with the notion that Adam _is_ as stupid as he looks.

Otherwise, he presents the US top 20 on MTV (which is shown in
Europe as well) quite good. Just presenting is what he's good at,
but all the gossip and interviewing stuff seems to be too difficult
for him.

Marcel Rijs, official Adam Curry scientist.
a.k.a. Rob Hofland's brother.

Hi Adam! Als je dit leest: groeten van Hofstad Radio Den Haag!
8-)

Marcel F G Rijs                                  CIS: 100276,2176
Den Haag                                   Internet: mfgr@sara.nl
Netherlands                              a71599mr@hasara11.bitnet